From the Cambridge Chronicle, January 7, 1960
Bonnie Lee Little was the first baby born in 1960 to Cambridge parents in a Cambridge hospital, and with that honor, the Little family received a variety of gifts, including:
1. A $5 gift certificate given by Kresge’s, 614 Mass. Ave., Central Square.
2. A dozen donuts a day for two weeks, fourteen dozen donuts in all from the Harvard Do-Nut Shop, 635 Mass. Ave.
3. A $5 gift certificate from Gorin’s, Central Square.
4. A beautiful comb and brush set from Rosenwald’s, 526 Mass. Ave., Central Square.
5. A J and J Baby Gift set from Cole’s Drug of Cambridge, 624 Mass. Ave.
6. A $5 gift certificate from Corcoran’s, Central and Harvard Squares.
7. A crib mattress from Kiddie World, 450 Mass. Ave., Lafayette Square.
8. Ten dollars from the Cambridge Chronicle-Sun deposited at the Cambridgeport Savings Bank, Central Square.
9. A $5 gift certificate from the Harvard Bazaar, Central Square.
10. A $5 gift certificate from Miss Cannon’s Shop, Inc. 20 Brattle Street, Harvard Square.
11. Two deluxe dinners for the parents at Simeone’s Italian and American Restaurant, 21 Brookline Street.
Even today, Cambridge still celebrates the first New Year baby: http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/cambridge/2011/01/cambridge_couple_welcomes_new.html.